Monday, December 16, 2013

Disapointing Week 12/16/13

Well just another week closer to Christmas. I just can't wait to see all of your faces. I am so excited I can't stand it!!!! Any way, this week was well disappointing. Yesterday we had 19 people at church........we have over 200 members. I guess it is the Christmas season so they are probably all with family. But we did have one investigator there with 4 less actives back!!! Yes score for the white man! I had the privilege of giving a talk on missionary work. I just love to give talks because I learn so much in the process! I also got the chance to play again in sacrament. Well I guess you could say that it's my calling but yeah.....Anyway let's just say that Christmas songs are probably the hardest songs to learn/sight read. I never would have expected that. But I have learned so much from playing every week! Mom that music you sent me is sick!!!! I have learn just about three songs of it and it sounds amazing! I can't wait to share it with you when I come home.
   Well this week was a little bit slower seeing that we had 3 back to back to back drop out days. Mostly because of the rain. It rained quite a bit this week. That reminds me! We were sitting with a less active on Tuesday when the rain started to pour. It got so loud that we couldn't hear what the other was saying so we just sat for a while. (It usually passes over with in an hour) But as we sat a lightning strike hit the ground not even 50 feet away! I could literately taste the electricity in the air. It was the loudest thunder I have ever heard! I couldn't hear for a minute or so.........sssssooooooooo awesome! Gosh I love the weather here sometimes!
   Well we did a lot of service this week in an attempt to gain more trust from the members and help them to do more missionary work. We picked out three members that were the strongest ward missionaries and we started there. Well it turned out pretty good. I feel like it really motivated them to trust us and help us with the work. But we got a couple of sweet pictures of us 20 some odd feet in the air chopping branches with a machete. But yeah there isn't a lot to tell. 
    I miss you all very much and I love to get all of your emails! They are just the boost I need to continue into another week. So thank you. Enjoy the coming week and the coming break! Enjoy the snow and I'll enjoy the 88 degree weather. 
   Elder Nathan Allen, Elder Gregg Allen, and Sister Tiffiney Henderson I love hearing your stories it makes me smile to know that I am apart of such an awesome family!! Keep up the good work! I pray for all of you every single day. No regrets leave it all on the field. 
    Take care everyone! Until next week.

Elder Henderson

Sunrise in Spanish Town
Service with a machette
Painting with the McCallas

Elders Henderson and Norman





No comments:

Post a Comment