Monday, December 23, 2013

No Snow for Christmas 12/23/13

Well another week has come and passed us by in the twinkling of an eye.
Weird......I still feel like it has been just a couple of days since seeing you all. I think that that is mostly because there is zero change out here. A nice blessing from God.
   
This week was a lot of fun! Elder Norman and I have done a lot of work considering that we had two less days of work than normal, with the mission dinner and the big Christmas Devotional. (Do any of you know an Elder Cornish?? He spoke.) Any way we combined the whole mission and we got over a 1000 people in attendance. Pretty cool huh. The place was jammed packed. So it was cool.
  
 I can't really think of any cool stories this week. It went by too fast. I can't even remember what I did on Friday.......hmmmmmm that needs fixing. But yeah. Sunday was a little bit of a disappointment. We had 10 people this week.......ug so much work we do for what? But I played  really well on the piano. I love playing that thing!!! I have gotten really good, the Lord has really blessed me. You know sometimes it is very hard to see if you have progressed at all. I always wonder if I am progressing. If God is happy with the effort that I have given so far. Hmmmmm......I guess I will just have to wait to find out. 
    
Christmas down here is NOT Christmas. There are almost zero lights. There is not Christmas music. And most importantly there is NO SNOW! Yes for those of you that don't know I really do miss the snow. Anyway, Merry Christmas though because I know that it is Christmas back at home!!! 

Remember a couple of things this season. First, you Lord and Savior was born. That's the whole reason that we celebrate Christmas. Not for Santa, although that would be cool! Christ did what he did because he loved each one of you. So this Christmas what can you do to show him you love him. Second, Christmas gifts are really cool but, the most meaningful gifts come from the heart and take time. The gifts I remember the most are the times that my parents took time just to hang with me. So What can you do this season to spend some more time with those you love. For this is truly what Christmas is all about! I know that our Saviour lives. He cares and he will do all he can to get you to come back to him. The question remains will you take his out stretched hand? I know that this is the only true church. I know this with every fiber of my soul. And I know that the Book of Mormon is truly the word of my God. This is where my testimony started, so if you want more faith, spiritual strength, whatever read, ponder, pray. I know that book is true. I know it and I can not deny it. I love you all. Until we meet again keep the faith,
Elder Henderson

No comments:

Post a Comment