Saturday, February 15, 2014

Down Kingston Office Elder 2/15/14

Well it seems like Mom didn't receive enough emails from me so they gave me a different P-Day. I get two in one week, man de Lord is good.
    This was one hectic week for me. With transfers we had hardly any time to go out proselyting. At least not as much as I would have liked. we had to get vehicles working properly, office stuff, take people all over the island back to their areas, etc. The first day we didn't reach home till 9:29. Safe but we were all over the place all day. I may sound busy but I have really liked it so far. There are a lot of things that I will be getting to do this year as the office elder. Just to name a few: buy the whole mission new vehicles, get all the paper work and passport stuff for the next incoming wave of Elders and Sisters. We have a whole heap coming out this next transfer. Plus I will be here when the summer months hit. So, it will be a blast.
    I am now in the Downtown Kingston branch. It is very very different from the one in Spanish Town. Wow. There is a lot of work that needs to be done. As I have sat and talked with the members it makes me start to realize how much we need to come together as a church and achieve the vision. What ever that vision might be. Then take steps toward the goal. That is the only way it will be accomplished, nothing changes over night. So press on, push on, I know that you can do it. Other wise why would God put you here on the earth right now? \
   My companion is awesome, his name is Elder Newcomb. We are kind of learning the office together. He is still pretty new at it just like me. Causes for a ton of laughs. Not to mention we are both learning stick. But I haven't gotten to know him a whole lot we have only been together 2 and a half days. So I will let you all know more next week. 
   I am really grateful to all of you for all you do. Nathan keep the work up. You are a stud! Gregg same goes for you! I haven't heard much about Tiff could I get an update on how she is doing? Thanks! But I truly do love you all. Keep building the church.

Elder Henderson

No comments:

Post a Comment