Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Trying to Teach 3-22-14

Hello family and friends,
   This week went very well. We finally found someone who we could extend a baptismal date too. A 15 year old boy named Poppsy and his cousin 11 year old girl named Leona. They are taken care of by one of the less actives we recently activated. Man I can't tell you how excited I was to extend that date. It has been far too long since I have done that. But they are on track to be baptized the 26 of April
   It seems that we have tried everything to find people to teach! From playing ping pong to street contacting, asking referrals to talking with executives of companies. Nothing has seemed to work. (Which is part of the reason why I am so grateful for those two investigators). All I know is that there has seemed to be a serious push from the adversary's side is stopping the work in Downtown. For example, we have two sets of elders in downtown. The office elders (us) and the normal missionaries. Well the other missionaries over the past couple of weeks have come down with colds, and injuries. One after another. Don't get me wrong, they are good missionaries. But it seems that everything that is good has been put on a stand still. That is to be expected though because you must push into the darkness of a tunnel before you can see the light at the end. And so it goes in missionary work.
   We have been very fortunate to have the Spirit constantly with us this week. We have gotten out an hour earlier to "teach" (not to eat lunch) than ever before. On top of that everything here in the office is going even smoother than ever before, President and the Assistants have even told us that. All I can say is that God is good and he knows how to run an office and area at the same time. All the credit goes to him. I can't tell you how many times I am just about to leave to go do something and the Spirit puts a flag up and tells me to go back and get something so I don't have to return and waste time. I know that if we always trust the Lord and counsel with him we will get far more done in less time than you would think to even be possible.
   I have been reading the dying words of the prophets in the Book of Mormon. What power! I would encourage all to do the same. Ever single one of them challenges anyone to try to disprove the Book of Mormon. They give great counsel! Wow! I will let you know next week what all I have learned. I forgot my notes. Every prophet though has started their writing saying they "will" go. And by the time they die they say I "must" go. I think this is largely because they have felt the Spirit cleans them and they hate the feeling of being dirty so they will do all in their power to stay "out of the mud". If we can all try to strive to stay "out of the mud" things become easier to do and bear. Following Christ is easy. We as humans make it hard. Lose yourself, give it all to the Lord and the Lord will give you more than you can think even possible. 
   Swinsons- Thank you for all the letters!!!! Erynn my answer is YES!!!! I do think it is a fabulous idea to go on a mission. It will bless your life in more ways than you could even believe. Jessica- Good luck with State and have a blast at Disneyland!
   Grandma- I heard Duke lost. What can you expect from a team who plays only high school teams? Just kidding. I thought they would go farther this year but so it goes. Next year they should do better. I love you. Thank you for all the letters I love reading them!
   Grandpa- I miss you and love you. I head the Caden case is going in your favor. Keep me posted. Also, do you have any more advise for a newbie missionary like me? Let me know because you are full of wisdom. Again I love you.
   Joshua-Do what you love! If your love is soccer than do it. Do not let something diter you, like the fact that hardly anyone makes the freshman team. You can! Go do it. Make him have to keep you. Don't let that scare you. But again do what you want. I believe in you ability. Believe in yourself.
    Nikayle- miss you and love you. Keep up the good work in all you do. Thanks for the letters and pictures!
   Carter-.......Don't drive accross the field.......unless I am there with you. Love you and keep up the hard work so we can go to school together!!!
    Siri- you are the best! I love you. Keep smiling and laughing. I love you pictures that you send. I have them hanging up. 
   Brixen- How did you get so cute? I will never know but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! You are getting way too big! I don't think I will be able to hold you when I get back. I hope your birthday was awesome.
   I love you all. Thank you all for your support, prayers, and kindness towards me. I will never forget it. Until next week, your friend,

Elder Henderson

No comments:

Post a Comment