Friday, January 10, 2014

Happy New Year in Jamaica 1/6/14

Well, another week down. I sure hope all of you had an excellent week. I hope that this with this new year you all remember that this life is a preparatory one to meet God. So set you goals this year so you improve and you are prepared to meet your maker.
   New years in Jamaica is a very dangerous time of year. People party and party and party some more. We had to come in an hour early, but I think that it is like that throughout the whole world in the mission field. But other than that it was just a normal day  for me. Something weird that I have been thinking about is that I can now say I go home next year.......Now that is a scary thought. I don't think I want to. Days here seem to fly by. I swear it is always night time here. Maybe I just loose track of time. Oh well, whatever it is, it is going quickly.
   So I have some very exciting news!!!! The Campbell family is being baptized this Saturday, just the parents, but kids are soon to follow. Also we have another one this Sunday. So this week we should be having not 1 or 2 but 3 baptisms!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHH I am so excited for this weekend. It will be a blast. Yesterday at church we had a whole heap of people in the branch. We alone had 11 less actives back at church with 5 investigators and 4 progressing investigators. :D I couldn't stop smiling. I also found out that we just need one more priesthood to establish the stake. Guess who is baptizing that priesthood.......RIGHT! US!!!!! So sick!!!!! Garbage I am so excited for that stake. I sure hope that the people here understand that that is just a step. That the ultimate goal in a temple, if not 2 or 3. But as you know "just keep swimming" and God will do the rest. 
   Scarlett, I got your package the other day. Thank you so much for all the talks and junk food and all the love. I really appreciate it, it brightened my day. I am almost through all of your talks. I like them - really good choices especially the one by Ezra Taft Benson. Did you know that I am related to him?? Any way thanks again.
   Thank you all for your sweet letters, packages and everything else. I love them and I can't tell you how much it means to me to know that I have such a great support at home. Please please remember that I love you all. I know this email was short but yeah, that's how it goes sometimes, sorry. I do want you to remember one thing this week about me. That I know that Book of Mormon is true with all of my heart. I love that book. If you have a problem it has the answer. Just take a moment to sit and read. You will find the answer if you look. Remember "ask and ye shall receive." My prayers go out to you all every day. keep the faith till next week.
Elder Henderson

No comments:

Post a Comment