Monday, April 28, 2014

Bumper Cars 4-26-14

I guess today I will start with the bumper car ride I went on on Wednesday. Elder Newcomb, Elder Hayes, Elder Dawkins, and I were headed to district meeting when we missed our turn. Elder Newcomb (the driver) got a little upset and tried to pull a U-turn without looking in his mirror. Well unfortunately a 2012 Lancer smoked our right front bumper and went spinning out and stopped once smashing into a sign. No one was injured. Our car really didn't get damaged too badly but the Lancer......it got smashed. The selfie I took at the bottom was at the accident. But hey no one got hurt and we are all fine!
   This week was the start of getting ready for the Transfer, which means that everything is starting to get a little hectic. But, I enjoy being here in the office because I am around the biggest spiritual giants all the time! It is simply a blast. Also this week it looks like it will be the last week with Elder Newcomb, if President doesn't change his mind. Makes me a little excited and nervous at the same time. Excited because of the opportunity to grow, to take over the area and the office work. And nervous because well I still don't really know what is going on here. I don't think anyone does, everyone just works together until the objective gets done. If you remember the talk given "Pattern of light" by David A. Bednar. It is like the scenario of the fog, just enough to see to take another step. It is interesting to me that I really like to know what is going on and God puts me in the one place where we just have to rely on him and not really understand what is going on. (I don't even know if you are understanding what I am saying. It is hard to describe because you all don't know what the office is like.)  I know that God puts us where we will grow, and so I have immensely. 
    We didn't have anyone come to church this last Easter, which was very disappointing because Easter is bigger here than Christmas. Everyone goes to church on Easter! But not our investigators apparently. I don't care though because they will come this week and if not then the next week and if not then, then they will come in the future. What ever it takes to save a soul, whether it be now or 10 years from now. You can see, the progress these people are making! The devil just seems to fight so strong against these precious souls. It is a good thing that there is one who is greater than all, and he is on our side. I know that my Saviour lives. I really do. If I could just share these feelings inside of me about that simple yet perplexing phrase......I just hope the Spirit is with you right now where ever you are and you will know how I feel. Continue to press on! I love you all




No comments:

Post a Comment