Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Fear Not! 7-5-14

   Well well well, I can't believe that summer is in full swing! Well comparatively, it is always a consistent 88 degrees here with sunshine. So, I hope you all are enjoying the warm weather that I have had the last year. I decided I'd send some up to you, you're welcome ;) By the way I hope everyone is enjoying Bear Lake. I remember last year, you read the missionary letters to everyone so I will write accordingly. 
   This week was a difficult week, yet one that I am glad I went through. It was difficult because we had to finish up all the paperwork and other stuff for the new cars. I never would have guessed that there would be so much work, but hey there have been life lessons learned. For example, I am getting a taste of what it is like to juggle a job and a church calling. It literally take all of your time, no wonder that we don't have time to waste. Along with all this car things going on we are also supposed to prepare for the area general manager for the vehicles. His name is Cesar Rosario and he decided two days ago that he is coming to Jamaica for 3 days to train Elder Martin and I how to do our job. President has asked that we spend all our time with him. I wish we had more time to teach but, what ever the Lord asks of me I will do. For I know that when we do that, no matter what the cost it will always turn out for the better. 
   Other than all of the office stuff we had a baptism on Tuesday for Sister Paulette Bailey Campbell (on her birthday the 1st). (By the way one of the pics below is where we teach her and her baptism.) What a wonderful experience. I wish I could share in words the extreme joy that it brings to my heart to see that light, even the light of Jesus Christ, enter a person. You can see it in their eyes, and their countenance. And in that moment when you see that fire start to burn from within, there have been moments when I have heard this, the angles in heaven rejoice literally. I challenge all of you within the sound of my email, (please use a stage voice when reading that) to invite someone anyone, perhaps a friend to come and partake of this joy, this happiness, this redeeming love. And watch for yourselves and see the same things I see everyday first hand, you won't regret it. 
I was reading in Galatians chapter 6 the other day verses 7-9. Which reads "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for  whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." What is it that you are sowing? Are you sowing of the Spirit? I was asked the other day if we can choose our consequences and after thinking for a minute I came to the conclusion that yes you can choose them. Only in this light though, you may choose what you want your consequences to be by choosing the correct action that leads to that consequence. Is that not exactly what this scripture is stating? As I look around the world with a new perspective on life I see that everyone wants something now! I want to be fit now! I want to loose weight now! I want to be spiritual now! I want an Xbox now! And it is  this attitude that is so prevalent that scares me. "We should never sacrifice what we want most for what we want now." (Elder Holland while he was here in Jamaica). I invite all of you, I implore all of you to take a moment to think what you want to reap? What is it that you want most in your life? Write this answer down somewhere where you will see it everyday. Keep it safe guarded in your heart and never forget that. Then, look at the choices you need to make, the seeds you need to sow to obtain that wonderful desire within your heart. You have the power to make it become a reality! Because you are powerful, and you have the most powerful being in the universe, the one who created all, is on your side. Isaiah 41:10 "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." Fear not. 
   I bear you my witness that we should not fear only believe. I have walked down some of the most dangerous streets in the world and I have felt no fear for I can feel the presance of the Lord around me. He is there, he does care, he is guiding your life. Turn your life over to him and let him make you more than you could ever be. If you want better desires then give your desires to God and he will make better desires for you, even the best desires you can have, after all he is God isn't he? I know that God is ever mindful of your situation what ever it might be. I have been working with people who are on the brink of destruction. No food, no job, no way to survive. Yet God feeds them, just like he promises in Matt 6:24-34. Not only does he do so but he prospers them as they obey his commandments as he promises in Alma 36:1, 30. God is God he can do all, believe it. I love this gospel. I love seeing this gospel bless others. It is truly amazing. I love you all and I hope that you all have a wonderful Bear Lake experience! In the name of the almighty God, my Lord, Savior and Redeemer, even Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Henderson

Displaying DSCN2118[1].JPGDisplaying DSCN2135[1].JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment