Wednesday, August 13, 2014

WOW. 6-14-14



My letter to President Brown this week:

Wow. I don't know if I can say more about this week than that. The feelings that I felt this last weekend are indescribable. Those feeling shall never be forgotten, feelings of immense joy, that God's kingdom is finally established here in Jamaica, feelings of peace for the future, I also got a very distinct impression that there were a multitude of people on the other side of the veil that were present as well. I recorded this in my journal " (Sunday 8, June, 2014) As I sat back and listened to the choir sing the closing hymn, I closed my eyes to enjoy the moment, and as I did it was as though I heard many more saints singing than those present or on the screen. Although I didn't see those extra voices when I opened my eyes...." God is pleased with the work that has gone on here, but there is yet more to do far more to do. We shall not stop until every person here has heard the Redeemers message to all the world. I have been excited to note, as well, that all the members in our branch are stepping up. Especially in the youth of the branch. In the last week, the youth have given us around 5 people to teach of their friends and committed one of them to be baptized before we ever even spoke to the person!!! (Yes he accepted for July 13). I was in a stupor when we received this amazing and glorious news. So, you can be assured that people are finally seeing the full picture, but there is still work that needs to be done in helping the members see exactly how they should go about doing things. I am even more excited for the future because I know that the future hold everything for us, we shall not look back but continue onward, ever onward. Thanks again for all you do. You are the best.
   As for the office everything is finally getting just about done....until next transfer but, hey that's how it goes! Elder Martin and I  are still getting along like the best of friends. I really love my companion. He is also getting a grasp on everything that is expected of him here, what is going on, and where things are located in Kingston. I am pleased with his progress to date. Yesterday while I was working on sending a couple of things to the insurance company, Elder Martin found some papers in the cabinet that really is going to help the work around here go smoother. Papers that I didn't even know existed. Just wait until our next vehicle coordination meeting! I think you will be happy. But overall everything is going smoothly. We are set and ready for transfers. Is there anything else we can do? Is there anything you feel like we need to change? Is there anything you have noticed that I need to change personally? I am doing my best to fix and work on my weaknesses as well as my strengths everyday, I know that the Lord is pleased with my progress to date but expects me to continue. I love you President, see you Monday.

I thought I would start off with that. I can't explain how I feel much more than that. This week was truly amazing! I loved every moment of it. I even got to shake Elder Holland's hand, that was super fun. I had to push my companion to the door immediately after the prayer ended because I knew they would try to get out of there asap. But we got there in time. Let's just say that Elder Holland is much shorter than I, much much - like 6 inches or more. I always thought he was a huge man. Weird. Anyway I hope you all had a fantastic week! I love you all.

Elder Henderson
 p.s. Mom I took videos instead of pics so those will be coming in the weeks to come. Love you!

Displaying DSCN1986.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment