Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Sister Campbell Baptised!! 7-5-14

   This week was amazing! We watched, once again, another one of God's children take a step toward home. Sister Campbell was baptised on Tuesday, and boy oh boy what a treat that was. On her birthday as well! I can't think of a better birthday present, can you? The area in all is doing very well especially since we don't have as much time as we would normally, with the new cars and Caesar and all. I sure hope we will have time to teach while Caesar is here. We have had several less actives become active: Demain, Terrisa, Sister Grant, and there are others who are right there on the border.President Brown told us recently that we needed to drop Demain, When went to drop him though, the first thing that exited his mouth, before we said anything is, "Elders it is time I come back. After all the studying you have put me through it has helped me see that I am the one in the way of my own progression not anyone else." 
   Since that point in time Demain and his family have come back to activity. They are working now to become married. It is funny they are out of the job, both of them (I think that is part of the reason they were humbled) but even so we had them get a can and told them to pick up the dollars they saw laying on the ground when they would walk from place to place. That that jar was not to be touched no matter what, and I am happy to report that they haven't touched the jar even though they are in a serious financial struggle. They have been faithful and have kept picking up dollars, one by one. All in all, after Demain said those words the Spirit hit us both very strongly saying to stay with him a little longer. And I am glad we have, he is turning his life around, and his families. The Lord is blessing him, I am grateful that I can watch it first hand. The Lord is very merciful to everyone.
   Well we are finishing up the last details of us buying the new trucks. I can't tell you what a relief it will be to finally have those things done. I had no idea the kind of paperwork, and work all around, it takes to get new vehicles. At least I know now, something to help me in the future. We are now in full preparation for Caesar's arrival. I am not sure what to expect, I am excited and nervous. I am excited because it is all ways fun to learn more about our job as office elders, and more about cars in general. I am nervous because I am worried we did something wrong with the files and we will have to do it all over again. I really really really don't want to do all that work over again, but we have prepared the best we can so now we must just wait and see. 
   Elder Hall seems to be putting a working in the office. He knows what he is doing. He is changing things around and making the expenses go down, it is actually really interesting to hear how he thinks I will certainly be applying the principles he is teaching me about business. 
   Elder Martin and I are still just peachy. For real though, we are very good friends. We get along with one another, we teach well, we work well, the whole 9 yards. He is a great elder, an amazing one. I have a lot of respect and admiration for him and all he does. It has been fun to see his gradual progression since day one of getting here to the office. Especially his memory is improving! 
   Over all the work is going forth. I love being apart of it! Even in the hard times I still can find joy in watching that light grow in others eyes. I do sometimes struggle to see if I am growing though. Do you think I am growing? I think I am but, I grow in such small intervals I just don't see it because I am always around myself. I give my all everyday and I have from day one. I really do love this work and I am grateful for the chance to serve here in the office. 
Elder Henderson

No comments:

Post a Comment